Cart 2 is used in Meeting Rooms A and B, as well as the EERC room. If room A/B is split, only one side can use the cart at a time. The following tech is available on this cart:
- Dell laptop: Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010
- Dell power cord
- Computer VGA cord
- Blu-Ray player with remote
- HDMI cord
- Projector with remote
- External speakers (in a box)
When projecting in room A/B or room B alone, plug the power from the cart into the floor outlet and point the projector at the wall toward circulation. In room A, plug the power from the cart into the floor outlet and point the projector toward the wall with the emergency exit door.
Showing a Movie (or playing a CD)
- Plug the HDMI cable into the projector and the Blu-Ray player
- Turn on the player and insert disc.
- Turn on the projector.
- You can play audio through the projector speakers and control volume with the on-screen menu. Alternatively, plug the external speaker cord (green) into the audio out jack (also green) in the projector to use the speakers. Turn speakers on and use the volume knob on the speakers to adjust sound.
- Projector will detect and display the movie.
- When finished, eject disc and power down the Blu-ray player, projector (press power twice), and speakers. Please wait until all pieces are off before unplugging the power to the cart. Return the cart to the closet and plug it in.
Using the Computer
- Plug the VGA cable (blue) into the computer and projector.
- If sound is needed, plug the speaker cord (green) into headphone jack on computer and turn speakers on.
- Turn on computer and login as “Patron” (no password)
- If PC does not display on both the projector and monitor, Press the Fn+ F8 keys to duplicate display.
- If the PC only displays on the monitor and the PC is already set to duplicate display, press the “source” button on the projector and use the up/down keys to move from “HDMI” input to “Comp1.” Press “enter”.
- When finished, shut down the laptop using the start menu and turn off the projector and speakers. Please wait until all pieces are off before unplugging and returning the cart. Return the cart to the closet and plug it in.
To get credit for this module, see me (Karrie) for a short appointment to test your knowledge. Creating a blog post is optional.