Cart 1 is used in the Multipurpose Room with the ceiling mounted projector. The following tech is available on this cart:
- Dell laptop: Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010
- Wireless mouse
- Dell power cord
- Computer VGA (video) and audio cord
- Blu-Ray player with remote
- HDMI cord
- Projector remote
- Power strip attached to cart
Roll Cart 1 to front left wall and plug power strip (bottom shelf of cart) into power outlet. Make sure the tech on the cart is plugged into the power strip and the light on the strip is on. Use the plate on the wall to pull the projector screen down:
Showing a Movie (or playing a CD)
- Plug HDMI cord into the black plate on the wall and the back of the Blu-Ray player.
- Press “On” on projector remote (pointing up) to turn on.
- Use other remote to power on Blu-Ray.
- In the sound closet, turn on the main amplifier. The volume control for the Blu-Ray and computer is #6, but use the volume control on the projector remote to control speaker volume.
- Insert disc (open drawer with remote button or button on player) and close drawer.
- Once the Blu-Ray player is on, the projector should detect it automatically. If it isn’t recognized, unplug and re-plug the HDMI cord into the wall and in the back of the player.
- Inserted disc will start automatically.
- If the image seems vertically “squished” use the “aspect” button on the projector remote. Keep pressing it until the image looks its best. Usually this is the “Native” setting for the Blu-Ray.
- Press the subtitle button if captions are needed.
- When finished, eject disc and power down the Blu-Ray player.
- Unplug the HDMI cord and the power cord from the wall.
- Press the “Standby” button on the projector remote twice to turn off.
- Return the cart to the closet and plug it into the strip, turn off the amplifier, and close the sound closet. Return the screen to the ceiling.
Using the Computer
- Plug video and audio plugs (single cord) into the computer and the black plate on the wall.
- Note: Some Mac users will need the adapter found in the meeting room closet (or will need to use the wePresent). Plug one end into the Mini DisplayPort on the computer, and plug the HDMI (Blu-Ray) cord into the other end of the adapter and the wall.
- Press “On” button on projector remote (pointing up) to turn on.
- If the patron wants to use another computer, unhook the video/audio cords from the laptop (or use HDMI from the Blu-Ray) and connect to patron’s computer and the wall plate. Stow the library’s laptop on the bottom shelf of the cart.
- Power on computer. Please note that the computer screen may not show up on the projector display until logged in. Turn on the wireless mouse using the switch on the underside.
- Login as Patron (no password)
- If the projector and computer do not both display, press Fn + F8 keys and select “duplicate.”
- If the image seems oddly sized, use the “aspect” button on the projector remote. Keep pressing it until the image looks its best.
- In the sound closet, turn on the main amplifier. The volume control for the Blu-Ray and computer is #6. Please control the volume using the projector remote.
- When the patron has finished using the computer, make sure it is shut down completely (not hibernating). Use the shutdown icon on the desktop.
- Unplug video/audio cords and power cord from the wall.
- If the patron used a different laptop, put ours back and replace audio/video cords.
- Press the “Standby” button on the projector remote twice to turn off. *Check to make sure the solid amber light is glowing on the projector. If the light is green, the projector is still on.
- Turn off the wireless mouse.
- Return the cart to the closet and plug it in, turn off the amplifier, and close the sound closet. Return the screen to the ceiling.
To get credit for this module, see me (Karrie) for a short appointment to test your knowledge. Creating a blog post is optional.